Due to COVID-19 many families have elected to keep their children at home, and St Nicholas educators have began delivering online videos to help keep children feel connected, entertained and to promote continued learning.
Lucy Faithfull is an educator St Nicholas Early Education Lochinvar, and was recently filmed while baking banana muffins so the video could be shared with children watching on from home. In the video, Lucy encourages the children to cook at home with their parents and demonstrates the correct way to wash their hands.
If you or your children would like to watch the video to get some baking inspiration head to stnicholasmn.org.au
- 2 cups of self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- First, make sure you wash your hands. Wet your hands, apply two pumps of soap and scrub for the duration of the ‘Happy Birthday’ song, then rinse.
- Peel your bananas, place them in a large mixing bowl, and mash using a fork.
- Add butter, egg, milk, sugar and self-raising flour and mix with a wooden spoon until batter is smooth.
- Spray 12-space muffin tin with oil before spooning in mixture.
- Place in a fan-forced oven at 180 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!