There is no ‘magic solutions manual’ when it comes to parenting. We can often find ourselves struggling to know what to do or where to turn, especially when our child has a complex history, such as adoption or foster care.
In this free webinar series, hear from local and national experts about topics including dietary issues, medical interventions, developmental challenges, sensory needs, attachment, birth families, and culture.
Following the presentations, there will also be a Q&A session. With this team of experts, there is no question they can’t answer!
- Associate Professor Amy Conley Wright | Attachment, especially to birth family and culture | 28 July, 9:30AM - 11:00AM
- Paediatric dietitian Karina Savage | Dietary challenges such as ‘fussy eaters’ and strategies | 29 July, 9:30AM - 11:00AM
- Occupational therapist Michelle Newby | Supporting sensory processing capacity to help with engagement, attention and behavioural regulation |29 July, 12:30PM - 2:00PM
- Clinical psychologist & fetal alcohol spectrum disorder (FASD) specialist Vanessa Spiller | Therapy and training plus the lived experience of parenting a child with FASD | 4 August, 6:30PM - 8:00PM
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist Ian McCracken | Unravelling medications plus advocating for yourself and your child with health professionals | 5 August, 6:30PM - 8:00PM
- Psychologists Rob Kilkelly & Claire Wood | Developmental Disorders – Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), autism spectrum disorder (ASD) | 4 August, 9:30AM - 11:00AM