The course is based on the concept of emotional intelligence. In recent years, researchers have begun to identify a number of central skills that assist people to respond to emotions (in themselves and others). They have found that these skills are associated with much better life outcomes.
The six-session parenting program for parents of adolescents teaches parents how to:
- be better at talking with their teen
- be better at understanding their teen
- help their teen learn to manage his/her emotions
- help prevent behavioural problems and
- teach their teen to deal with conflict.
Tuning in to Teens shows parents and carers how to help their teen develop emotional intelligence. Adolescents with higher emotional intelligence:
- are more aware, assertive and strong in situations of peer pressure
- have greater success with making friends and are better able to manage conflict with peers
- are more able to cope when upset or angry
- have fewer mental health and substance abuse difficulties
- have more stable and satisfying relationships as adults
- have greater career success.
In fact, emotional intelligence may be a better predictor of academic and career success than IQ!
The course is extremely popular and is helping parents and carers all over Australia reconnect with their teenagers.
To secure your spot call Michelle, 0438 676 289.
Where Kurri Kurri Community Centre - 251 Lang St Kurri Kurri
When 9.30am to 11.30am Monday mornings - 16 October to 20 November, 2017