First, Diana encourages us to watch three brief videos that will give us a good grounding in some topics that will be discussed further on the day. The three videos are:
- The six principles of the RCIA;
- Five key questions to ask RCIA inquirers;
- What to teach in the RCIA: Use paragraph 75 as your guide;
They are available here.
Second, Diana and Nick have prepared the handout for the day, which Sharon will email to participants a week prior to the event. You may like to go through it in advance. THERE IS NO NEED FOR YOU TO PRINT IT. Copies will be available on October 19.
Now from Louise …
If after you have done the ‘homework’ Diana and Nick have sent, those who have time and already have a copy of the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults might find it helpful to flick through the book and familiarise yourself with its ‘Table of Contents’ and the way it is set out.
If you have more time you might like to read:
- Christian Initiation: General Introduction x-xiv
- Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults: Introduction 3-12
You could also:
- visit Liturgy Matters on MNnews and read some of the RCIA articles we have provided. They are easily spotted with the same fire image;
- visit the Team RCIA website and explore;
- visit the Christian Initiation Australia Network The site is being redeveloped, but a lot of material is available. Individual member ship is available for $35 per year. I find it beneficial to belong to our Australian Christian Initiation network.
On the day, those who do not already have a copy of the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults will need to purchase a copy at the door. At $15, these are a bargain - CASH ONLY.
There will also be a bookstall so bring your cash and credit cards if you would like to read more and start your own or a parish RCIA library. I imagine RCIA book clubs sprouting all over the diocese.
Lastly, Diana’s acknowledgement of Fr Andrew’s book review is included in Team RCIA’s recent Facebook post. In this video, Nick and Diana take time on their Australian tour to address questions submitted by some east coast dioceses in which they will hold workshops. Well worth a listen in preparation for our time with them.
We are very excited about all we will learn together on October 19. It will be good to see you there. It will take all of us to fan the flame of RCIA across the diocese.