The Pastoral Placement Program is an opportunity for those who feel called to work in the church to experience the different ministries of the Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle.
This is an exciting opportunity to discern the voice of the Spirit in your life and to share your gifts, hopes and ideas as a source of renewal for your local church. It is hoped that by engaging in this program, you will experience a real encounter with Jesus Christ which may lead to the discovery of a personal vocation and to full participation in the life of the Church.
The 12 participants in the Pastoral Placement Programs in 2015 and 2016 found their experiences very worthwhile, as it opened their eyes to the vast ministries that are in our local church. One participant, Sam Hill, has been a full-time Family Ministry Co-ordinator in the Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle after completing her placement in 2015.
The aim over 10 months, is to place the participants in the following ministries. This is to get a sense of what is involved in working in the mission field of diocesan life. Some of those placements could be with:
- Parishes – Liturgy, Pastoral Care, Faith Formation
- Chaplaincies – Hospitals, Port, Schools
- Catholic Schools – Administration, Pastoral Care, Teaching, Religious Education & Spirituality
- CatholicCare Social Services – Child, Youth and Family Services, Disability Programs, DARA, Refugee Hub
- Pastoral Ministries – Faith and Ministry Formation, Mum’s Cottage, Marriage & Relationship Education
- Youth Ministries – ACTiv8 Chisholm, Diocesan Council of Ministry with Young People (DCMYP)
- St Nicholas Early Education
- Catholic Mission, Caritas
- Diocesan Shared Services - such as HR, Technology, Finance, Communications and Record Management
For any queries and for further information about this program please call the Office of Life and Faith on 4979 1328 or email email@example.com.
To apply, please visit the Positions Vacant page at the Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle’s website.
Applications close in November 2018.