CatholicCare’s Out of Home Care information sessions have been designed to be informative and engaging. The sessions only take a couple of hours but provide valuable insight as to what you can expect as a carer.
Carers play an important role in supporting children and young people in care to meet their full potential by providing them with stability, support and nurturing. But our carers don’t have to do it alone. CatholicCare provides ongoing support and development opportunities to our carers as well as a regular allowance to assist them in meeting the needs of children in their care.
CatholicCare’s Out of Home Care (foster care) information sessions include presentations from the Foster Care Recruitment team as well as experienced carers who cover topics such as;
- An overview of CatholicCare’s Out of Home Care program
- Types of care including respite, short to medium and long term care
- What choice carers have in whom they care for
- The day-to-day responsibilities of carers
- Training and support available to carers
- Selection criteria for carers
- An overview of the application process
- Adoption and Guardianship options
Information sessions will be held in Cardiff on 26 October, Taree on 9 November, Maitland on 30 November and Forster on 14 December .