It is five years since Pope Francis released his encyclical letter, Laudato Si. In it, he encouraged all people in the world to work to look after earth, our common home.
Next week 16-24 May, Laudato Si Week will commemorate this anniversary, and encourage action.
The theme of the week is ‘everything is connected’. Something that has been shown recently very clearly through world events.
Pope Francis is calling all people to reflect on, pray, and learn more about the concrete steps we can take to better care for our common home.
There are a few ways to get involved.
- The official Laudato Si’ Week website will have updates through the week on what is happening and how you can be involved.
- Parramatta diocese invites everyone to take part in their week, including online Mass, and a five-day online retreat.
- If you would like to organise a small group for discussion, perhaps by video chat, a Laudato Si discussion guide has been created to assist study.
- On 24 May, the end of Laudato Si week, at 12pm, everyone in the world is invited to pray at the same time, the Laudato Si prayer.
- Share the invitation from Pope Francis to get involved.