Fr Andrew is Chair of the Diocesan Liturgy Council and Master of Ceremonies to Bishop Bill.
This appointment means that Fr Andrew will become a member of the Diocesan Leadership Group whose other members include:
- Bishop Bill
- Matthew Muller, Chancellor and Canonical Advisor
- Sean Scanlon, Vice Chancellor, Administration
- Teresa Brierley, Vice Chancellor, Pastoral Ministries
- Michael Slattery, Director of the Catholic Schools Office
- Gary Christensen, Director of CatholicCare
Fr Andrew hails from Casino and was ordained in 2007.
He became parish priest of St Benedict’s, Inner Newcastle, and Dean, in 2015.
This appointment follows on the recent ordination of Brian Mascord, the Diocese’s former Vicar General, as Bishop of Wollongong.