Inspired by the Australian Catholic Bishops’ Year of Youth, the Diocesan Liturgy Council is looking to establish some Diocesan Liturgy Forums. The Council would like to open new horizons for young people by providing forums for liturgical formation and conversation. We hope these will contribute to ongoing formation for discipleship and liturgical ministry in parishes, schools and elsewhere.
Forums might be regionally-based, age-based, interest-based, ministry-based, culture-based, community-based. We are open to the possibilities.
Could this be for you?
- are interested in ‒ even passionate about ‒ liturgy
- find yourself pondering questions about liturgy
- wish you understood Catholic liturgy more
- think you have a gift for liturgy
- are a senior school student, youth or young adult
- are looking to engage in some liturgical formation and conversation
If so, please contact Sharon Murphy to request an Expression of Interest form and return it to Sharon by 21 May by email at Sharon.Murphy@mn.catholic.org.au or by phone at 4979 1134.
A Diocesan Liturgy Forum will take commitment of time and energy
We will work out the details of this with the members of each Forum. Please consider the following as a guide:
- we will need to gather, perhaps four to six times in a year.
- we recommend membership of 5 - 10 people per forum.
- each forum will be accompanied by a member of the Diocesan Liturgy Council
- people will come with different expectations and these will be considered
- the initial focus of the gatherings will be formation and conversation in light of members’ questions and needs.
We hope to be inundated with expressions of interest
If you have any questions or would like to talk about this, please contact Diocesan Liturgy Co-ordinator, Louise Gannon rsj by phone at 4979 1135 or by email at email@example.com.