CatholicCare’s foster care and open adoption information sessions have been designed to be informative and engaging. The sessions only take a couple of hours but provide valuable insight as to what you can expect as a carer.
CatholicCare provides ongoing training & support
Carers play an important role in supporting children and young people in care to meet their full potential by providing them with stability, support and nurturing. But our carers don’t have to do it alone. CatholicCare provides ongoing support and training opportunities to our carers as well as a regular allowance to assist them in meeting the needs of children in their care.
CatholicCare’s foster care and open adoption information sessions include presentations from the Foster Care Recruitment team as well as talks from experienced carers who cover topics such as:
- An overview of CatholicCare’s foster care (out of home care) program
- Types of care including: respite, short to medium and long term care
- What choice carers have in whom they care for
- The day-to-day responsibilities of carers
- Training and support available to carers
- Selection criteria for carers
- An overview of the application process
- Adoption and Guardianship options
Foster care & open adoption info sessions
To learn more phone (02) 4944 0700 to speak to a member of the CatholicCare Recruitment and Support Team, or visit our website.