Applications open at 9am, Monday 16 January 2017 and close at 7pm, Friday 24 February 2017.
Through the scholarships program, students can use the funds to purchase items like course materials and equipment, or to pay for excursions and tutoring.
Scholarships are open to those receiving housing assistance from Family and Community Services, community housing providers or Aboriginal housing. This also includes students:
- on the social housing waiting list
- living in Out of Home Care – currently under the care of the Minister
- living in public, community or Aboriginal housing
- living in transitional or crisis accommodation or receiving supported accommodation through a specialist homelessness service
- receiving private rental assistance, such as a private rental subsidy, bond loan or tenancy guarantee.