To facilitate a seamless transition into a primary school environment, St Nicholas Early Education’s Transition-to-School program helps your child develop the social and emotional confidence as well as the foundational skills necessary to ensure starting primary school is a positive and enriching experience.
St Nick’s Transition-to-School program builds your child’s confidence and resilience in order to give your child a positive start within the school environment.
Transitioning to school
The Transition-to-School program employs a holistic approach to preparing your child for school. With an understanding that children need to develop socially and emotionally as they transition to a primary school environment, children in our Transition-to-School program are given the opportunity to participate in activities like:
- take part in group activities where they are encouraged to ask questions and communicate with one another.
- establish and build relationships with their peers
- participate and work cooperatively rather than competitively.
- become familiar with turn-taking, listening, being patient and empathising with one another
- Visit a local school to gain a familiarity with the new environment
- take part in school assemblies
- develop the confidence necessary to ask for help and to express their feelings in order to develop the skills to self-regulate their emotions.
For a more immersive experience both St Nick’s at Lochinvar and St Nick’s at Chisholm are co-located with St Patrick’s Primary School, Lochinvar and St Aloysius Catholic Primary School, Chisholm respectively.
The adjoining primary school gives your child a chance to become familiar with the ebb and flow of all facets of school life - ranging from the school bell to the coming and going of children who attend the primary school.
The educators at St Nicholas Early Education work with your child to nurture their individual interests and strengths in order to create a program that respects your child’s capabilities, cultural background, learning style and acquired experiences.
In line with the Early Years Learning Framework and guided by the National Quality Standards, our commitment at St Nicholas is to support your child in the journey between early education and primary school.
St Nicholas Early Education’s Transition-to-School Program
To learn more about our Transition-to-School program, please visit our website.
To find out more about enrolling your child in this program, please contact us by phone at (02) 4979 1110 or by email at email@example.com.