Teachers prepared some fun, hands-on activities for the students, and classes rotated through a range of different activities throughout the day. Each year group also attended a presentation by Museum Express, from Newcastle Museum.
Student activities through the day included:
- making walking water rainbows
- observing the reaction of water and skittles
- designing and building bridges
- making volcanoes
- making Lava lamps
- exploring static electricity
- Making Carbon Dioxide
- Optical illusions
- Balloon jet races and STEM cup stacks
- Air pressure with rockets
- Exploring how rain clouds work
- Chemical reactions with mentos and soft drink
- marshmallow tower STEM activity
- rainbow milk- exploring the reactions between milk, food colouring and detergent
- making slime.
The shows by Museum Express were also very entertaining and full of learning!
The four different shows students got to experience across the day were Sweet Vibrations, Science of Slime, Curious Chemistry and Explosive Pressure.
It was a wonderful day, full of fun and learning for everyone.