Out of the 521 creative entries received, 12 winners have been chosen to have their original designs printed and sold as a gift card pack to help raise money for DARA (Development and Relief Agency). The winners will also receive a CDF Notice Saver Account with a $100 startup bonus.
The winning artists are:
- Lacey Joyce – St Patrick’s Primary School, Swansea
- Florence Jackson – St Nicholas Early Education, Singleton
- Jamelia Bamblett – St John Vianney Primary School, Morisset
- Brielle Rawnsley – St Joseph’s College, Lochinvar
- Violet O’Brien – St Joseph’s College, Lochinvar
- Gabrielle Ray – St Mary’s Primary School, Scone
- Ava Smith – St Joseph’s Primary School, Kilaben Bay
- Bella O’Connor – Rosary Park Catholic School, Branxton
- Matilda Hooker – St Catherine’s Catholic College, Singleton
- Harrison Hawke – St Patrick’s Primary School, Lochinvar
- Laura Malone – St Dominic’s Centre, Mayfield
- Ella Hill – Holy Family Primary School, Merewether Beach
Packs of the gift cards will be sold at schools, St Nicholas Early Education centres and CatholicCare offices, with all proceeds from sales being donated to DARA.
DARA identifies, reaches out and supports those in our community who are disadvantaged, marginalised, oppressed or isolated by cultural, ethnic or religious differences. DARA provides practical assistance, an opportunity for socialisation and a pathway to integration via access to educational and vocational programs.
For more information or to show your support for DARA, please click here.